Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp 15-ay513tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wanted to extend storage of HP 15-ay513tx

I bought 2.5 inch caddy.I put my macron sata 3 ssd in it.I don't see disk in caddy in windows 10.

can't see that disk in disk managment as well as from diskpart command.

Does my laptop support caddy drive ?

Please help

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@wackyjacky101, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Find below the details of supported and tested SSDs-

Also, share the size of the SSD that you're using for more details.

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Details of my ssd are given below.

It's "512 GB 2.5 inch sata 3 ssd"

https://www.storagereview.com/review/micron-m600-ssd-review

BTW I have checked same 9 mm caddy in my friend's dell laptop.it works fine, caddy is working fine.

Even my laptop's CD-ROM drive also works fine.but whenever I replace it with 9mm caddy, it doesn't read ssd.

I have also updated my laptop(including firmware)  using HP support assistant software.

HP Recommended

A DVD drive caddy is not offered by HP and there will be no official word on its compatibilty. Should work but if it does not HP will not help. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for reply ..

My CD ROM drive(9.5mm)  has same mini-sata port like other notebooks.

My notebook's CD-ROM drive operates at  5V and 1.5A . so I even put my another ssd which has same power rating(Samsung 850 evo), Still it didn't work.

So as per my research it's not my caddy's or ssd's problem.

Is there any BIOS/windows settings restricting use of caddy ?

HP Recommended

No HP does not make any special effort to allow or not allow an optical caddy. It should work we have had many people here report success with them but occasionally we get a report like this. Not much you can do except double check connections. Sometimes there is a switch on the caddy for UEFI/MBR see if yours has that. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.