Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Presario C700
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Back again with another question. So I bought another HDD with a caddy and I did what I must do: Upgrade the laptop. I bought this laptop from someone else and it came with no screw for the DVD player. Having said that, removing DVD player was a piece of cake but when I install the caddy, it's.... confusion. First of all I noted how loose it is inside the space. Because I don't want to take this thing apart so I just put it in so that it fits. Secondly after booting up and going into disk management, no second HDD. So do I have to take this thing apart or the missing screw is the solution for all of this? I have check so that the SATA port is where it's supposed to be. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After taking the laptop apart I discovered the SATA connection is too old for my caddy so... yeah. Problem solved I guess?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Have you tried the Diskpart utility at the Command-line to see if the disk is present but simply does not have volume created?

Invoke a command line window by typing CMD in the search box and pressing the enter key. 

Once the command line dialogue window is open type in diskpart and press enter.

Now enter the commands as you see them in the image below.

diskpart.png 

To exit the command line simply type in the word  exit and press the enter key. You might have to do it twice.

If you don't see it in DiskPart it means there is no SATA connection and  really don't see any  other option other than opening up the notebook to see if the connection is being made. 

No SATA connection will mean BIOS and OS won't recognize the HDD as being present.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Spoiler
Ok so there are clearly 2 disk but disk 1’s status is No Media. 
HP Recommended

After taking the laptop apart I discovered the SATA connection is too old for my caddy so... yeah. Problem solved I guess?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.