Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN 17-w105nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

2 months ago, one of my USB port on the right side stopped working. I can power a device, like recharge  my phone, but no communication happens (mouse, HDD, ...) . And now today the other port next to it did the same thing. The 3rd port is still working on the left side of the laptop.
I have BIOS and drivers updated, and I tried USB component test in BIOS for the 2 ports on the right side, saying failure code 

0U6J23-8K0AB2-MFPX7A-8D6N03

Someone can help me?
thx!
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I did some more tests and I was wrong,
My external HDD 1To works, windows recognize it, all my flash drive usb too
It's my mouse, keybord and headphone, all wireless, dongles lights turn on, but windows not detecting them. Nothing in device manager too (all works on others computers).
I tried a wired mouse, same problem. 

Maybe with these more specific infos there is more chance to find a solution?

HP Recommended

@Razayel

I reviewed your post and I understand that the USB ports on the computer are not working.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you perform a system restore back to the date when everything on the computer was working fine.

Refer to the below article for detailed steps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, thank you for your answer

So I think I can't do a system restore because the last they offer me is for 19 december (after the problem)

Capture.JPG

HP Recommended

Now my Laptop doesn't start anymore... the power led turn on, but nothing else happens. No fans spinning, nothing.
So I tried to hold the power button 15sec unplugged and without battery to drain charge, and now no more led, nothing happen.
I tried  with only battery charger unplugged, and without battery charger plugged, same.

I didn't made any changes before the shut down, I was playing my usual game when it happenned.

HP Recommended

@Razayel

Follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04718479

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your link but I already followed all these steps.

step 1 : remove discs and devices, that of course I already did
step 2 : hard reset that I said I did
step 3-4 : the pc need to start for this
advanced steps : the pc doesn't have power/noise/lights (AC adapter tests). There is no visible damage on the AC power adapter and the wall outlet works properly. 
But the battery was full when I got the shutdown, so I don't think the problem is from the battery and/or the AC power.

So I think I need to buy a new pc...

HP Recommended

@Razayel

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.