Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (80 Views)

2 year old HP Spectre x360 loose hinge (i.e. needs to be "popped" into place)

Product Name: Spectre x360
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a Spectre x360 almost two years ago (Sept. 2015) and the laptop worked fine. After about two months, I noticed the hinges did not line up as cleanly but the laptop still opened, closed and folded back without issue. I recently opened my laptop and noticed that the right hinge is shaky and that the screen wobbles a lot because of it. This seems to be a purely physical issue as I "pop" the hinge back into place and it secures. While the screen is still shaky, I am less worried about it this way. I have never dropped my laptop, haven't travelled with it and it sits flat on my desk 99% of the time. How should I proceed?

Thanks for your help in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2 (53 Views)

Re: 2 year old HP Spectre x360 loose hinge (i.e. needs to be "popped" into place)

@potatoes

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation