05-08-2017 06:16 PM
I purchased a Spectre x360 almost two years ago (Sept. 2015) and the laptop worked fine. After about two months, I noticed the hinges did not line up as cleanly but the laptop still opened, closed and folded back without issue. I recently opened my laptop and noticed that the right hinge is shaky and that the screen wobbles a lot because of it. This seems to be a purely physical issue as I "pop" the hinge back into place and it secures. While the screen is still shaky, I am less worried about it this way. I have never dropped my laptop, haven't travelled with it and it sits flat on my desk 99% of the time. How should I proceed?
Thanks for your help in advance.
05-09-2017 11:24 AM
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot