Tutor
11 10 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

2015 HP spectre x360 i7 13-4003dx not charging

Spectre x360 i7 13-4003dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This laptop will not charge. It does not even recognize that it is plugged in. I have tried multiple wall outlets and adapters and none of them work. The orange light next to the charge port never comes on or flicker or anything like that. Everything with this laptop is in perfect condition and i have used it lightly.

I have seen from others that this is either a charging connector issue or a motherboard issue? What chance do i have to fix this at reasonable cost? Will HP help me out because this is clearly a manufacturing defect even though I am out of warranty?

I bought it in 2015 and the warranty expired a few months ago.

3 REPLIES 3
Teacher
Teacher
70 66 3 7
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi pa423,

If this is a connector issue then you can fix or can't fix it, Sometimes you can solder it back to the motherboard.

Is it possible there is a short circuit?

Are you familair with working with soldering or opening laptops?

If not i don't recommend checking if the connector inside your laptop is broken.

If you know an experienced store which repairs laptops, etc then ask them (if you are not experienced)
Hope this helps,

(Don't go with people repairing it on websites which are not shops, They can get your data from your disk and use it for bad things.)

Regards,
Yoloserver

0 Kudos
pa423 Tutor
Tutor
11 10 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Im not sure if it is a connector issue or not, any way to check? I am not familiar with soldering or opening laptops

Is my only hope to take it to a repair shop and get a diagnosis?

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
70 66 3 7
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

When you have a V-meter you can check the power supply, If this one is working then It's probably a connector issue,

Friendly Regards,
Yoloserver

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation