Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (219 Views)

2016 Kaby Lake spectre x360 w013dx loose(clicky)track pad issue

Product Name: Spectre x360 w013dx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I purchased a new spectre x360, w013dx model number, from best buy on Feb 11 2017 and I seem to be having an issue that has popped up on this forum, YouTube, and various other Google searches, namely the loose, or more appropriately, the overly noisy and clicky touchpad. I am wondering A) is this a condition that becomes worse, progressively that is, or does it get better over time as the touch pad and other components get "broken in" so to speak, and mate together better, like using lapping compound on machine parts? B) If this is considered an issue, is there a fix for it if I send it in to HP? It is moderately bothersome to me, and in haven't really experienced it before on other laptops. I really like to use the 2 and 3 finger swipes and scroll features, and when I push down on the touchpad without clicking it, it feels loose and there is an audible click when I press down on it. I am coming from and Acer laptop that had an extremely smooth and oversized glass track pad so I may be overly aware because I got used to that one and it was very solid. I do not want to return it and plan to keep it because otherwise it is fantastic, but I have seen other people say this and I will echo it here, this is a 1200 to 1400 dollar device and  I want to make sure it is in peak condition because I plan to keep it for at least 2 to 3 years. If someone from HP could respond I would appreciate it. Thank you.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (184 Views)

Re: 2016 Kaby Lake spectre x360 w013dx loose(clicky)track pad issue

Hi! @ntyler87, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!.

I understand you have touchpad issues with your laptop.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Were there any accidental damages on your laptop previously?

As you mentioned that you a have noisy and clicky touchpad on your laptop.

I have checked the specifications of your PC. 

You have to replace the touchpad board with the following part recommended:  907338-001

You can buy this part from HP parts store or contact HP for service options.

Please use this link to purchase the parts from HP parts store.

Link to contact HP.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a wonderful day ahead! Smiley Happy

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation