cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

2018 Spectre X360 Battery Bulge

HP Recommended
Spectre X360 15-df0008ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought this laptop new from BestBuy in November 2018 so it's now out of warranty by nearly a year, so I'm presuming I'm going to have to fix this myself...

Laptop model is Spectre X360 15-df0008ca

I just noticed that the top edge of the trackpad now sits slightly above the case surface, which it never did before, and looking at the laptop front edge-on, I can see that the case is slightly bulging in the middle.

I'm lead to believe that this is a bulging battery that needs replacement - can someone please advise the model number of the replacement battery I need ant the procedure for doing the replacement? I'm relatively tech-savvy so I think I should be able to handle this.

I saw another thread where someone with a similar problem was given an Amazon.ca link for a replacement battery and a link to a HP how-to/service manual. That would do me nicely.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,339 18,299 789 851
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@steelydave

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, After reading your post, I did go through the Maintenance and Service Guide of your product and found that you have 6-cell, 84-WHr, 3.64-AHr, Li-ion battery installed on the PC. 

Here is the part number: L29184-005 and this part number is universal can be purchased one from online store: https://www.hplaptopbattery.com.sg/hp-l29184-005-battery.htm

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation