Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Omen 17t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I just ordered Omen 17t with the 1TB Pcie option, without a secondary hard drive (I would have if it was an option). Is it still possible to add another drive in the future - meaning, does the motherboard still have a place for it even though it doesn't come with a secondary hard drive installed? Or does this option only come with the pcie, without a possibility to add another drive?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@0l1ver

Yes, you can add SSD for your laptop.

Have a nice day!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@0l1ver Welcome to HP Community!

Please provide the correct product number.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution:

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Since the it's still on its way, the only number I have so far is 7LG51AV_1.

But that shouldn't be necessary anyways. The new Omen 17t is offered with various combinations of pcie, hdd and ssd options; all of them had two hard drives EXCEPT the one that offered the 1TB pcie, which I ordered. So I'm simply asking if the motherboard in all of the 17t's has two storage slots, even the one that is offered with just with the 1TB pcie.

HP Recommended

@0l1ver

Thank you for the information.

For your model have a single hard drive configuration.

However, you can install the SSD drive.

Dual storage conƭgurations:

512 GB, PCIe, NVMe, TLC, solid-state drive + 1 TB, PCIe, NVMe, TLC solid-state drive

512 GB, PCIe, NVMe, TLC, solid-state drive + 1 TB, 7200 rpm hard drive

512 GB, PCIe, NVMe, TLC, x2, RAID 0 solid-state drive + 2 TB, 5400 rpm hard drive

256 GB, PCIe, NVMe, TLC, solid-state drive + 1 TB, 7200 rpm hard drive

256 GB, PCIe, NVMe, TLC, solid-state drive + 2 TB, 5400 rpm hard drive

256 GB, PCIe, NVMe, TLC, x2, RAID 0 solid-state drive + 1 TB, 5400 rpm hard drive

128 GB, PCIe, NVMe, TLC, solid-state drive + 1 TB, 7200 rpm hard drive

NVMe, TLC, M.2 solid-state drive

1 TB, PCIe-3 × 4

512 GB, PCIe-3 × 4

256 GB, PCIe-3 × 4

Please refer to the following manual provided on the link.

You could purchase the part from HP, use the HP Parts surfer to identify the part: http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx 

And order it via the HP Parts store: https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/CountryChoice.aspx?mscssid=&ccode=ZZ&lcode=ZZ 

Or alternatively, Contact HP for setting up an order/service via phone support  

Have a  nice day!!

HP Recommended

Ok so just to clarify - I can install an SSD IN ADDITION to the 1TB pcie it already has?

HP Recommended

@0l1ver

Yes, you can add SSD for your laptop.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Great, thanks! That's what I wanted to know

HP Recommended

@0l1ver

Glad to know that the provided information is helpful.

In the future, if you have any issue with HP products. Please get back to us. We will assist you.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.