Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
250 G8
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

there is already an unanswered question (https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-the-HP-250-G8-use-the-HP-U...) about connecting a second screen with the mentioned dock station.

Is it possible to use the usb c for connecting a 250 G8 to a screen? Which tool an be used ?

Thanks

Rainer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

The USB-C will not directly drive an external monitor. It is for data transfer only so carries no video signal on it. You would have to use a dock/port replicator with DisplayLink technology to attach external monitors through the USB-C or USB 3.0 ports. 

HP Recommended

Hi Huffer,

I know that this isn't possible directly. What I wanted to know if you have a specific tool to recommend that works with the 250 G8.

Thanks

Rainer

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thank you, I'll check that out

HP Recommended

Hi Rainer, I have the same problem or would like to connect 2 monitors. How did you solve the problem?

Many greetings
Torsten

HP Recommended

The solution goes definitely through an adapter,  I haven't tried the proposed one yet. I'll keep you updated.

HP Recommended

I've tried an HP Dock G5. But without success. I'll be testing an HP Dock G2 for the next few days

HP Recommended

Hi Rainer, only the HP USB-C / A Universal Docking Station G2 works on the HP 250 G8. I was able to test this successfully. The HP G5 docking station does not work with the model. There are also some models from i-tec that work with the notebook.

Best Regards

Torsten 

HP Recommended

Hello, I have the same problem, I have tried with docking station not Hp both usb-c and usb 3.0 but on this laptop they do not work, the latest tests are from Kensington but without results, can you tell me if the only supported model is the Docking Station G2? because usually with universal docking stations I have never had problems.

thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.