08-26-2016 05:59 PM
Hi. I need advice on setting up a M.2 SSDrive
My Laptop is a ENVY X360 Convertible Model: m6-w105dx
I installed a Samsung EVO M.2 250GB but I really can't make it work.
It is neither recognised by bios nor by OS (windows) or any disk management software (samsung magician or intel rapid storage technology, so I have no clues how to solve this.
Samsung 850 EVO M.2 seems to be right choise cosidering my laptop specifications
I contacted HP support and they told me: maybe is a loose contact between ssd conector and mainboard slot , I've double cheked that and all seems OK. in place and secured
Then they told me to disable secure boot and enable legacy boot option @ bios configuration.... no results after that... SSD keeps unseen by my laptop bios and OS...
Any expert advice or any success M.2 SSD installation experience would be really nice and appreciated...
I've asked on other threads in this forum with no luck..
thank in advance for any help on this.
08-26-2016 07:36 PM
based on the steps you already tried , and if u did connect properly, looks like its either M.2 which is not working or the motherboard which doesnt detect that.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot