Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Intern
Message 1 of 2 (242 Views)

250GB SSD M.2 not recognised by bios or OS

Product Name: ENVY X360 Convertible M6-w105
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I need advice on setting up  a M.2 SSDrive

My Laptop is a ENVY X360 Convertible  Model: m6-w105dx

I installed a Samsung EVO M.2 250GB but I really can't make it work.

It is  neither recognised by bios nor by OS (windows) or any disk management software (samsung magician or intel rapid storage technology, so I have no clues how to solve this.

Samsung 850 EVO M.2 seems to be right choise cosidering my laptop specifications

I contacted HP support and they  told me:  maybe is a loose contact between ssd conector and mainboard slot , I've double cheked that and all seems OK. in place and secured

Then they told me to disable secure boot and enable legacy boot option @ bios configuration.... no results after that... SSD keeps unseen by my laptop bios and OS...

Any expert advice or any success M.2 SSD installation experience would be really nice and appreciated...

I've asked on other threads in this forum with no luck..

thank in advance for any help on this.

Regards

Ale

0 Kudos
Teacher
Message 2 of 2 (208 Views)

Re: 250GB SSD M.2 not recognised by bios or OS

HI,

based on the steps you already tried , and if u did connect properly, looks like its either M.2 which is not working or the motherboard which doesnt detect that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation