Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Probook 450 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop has installed Micron 2666 Hz ram. But it's showing 2400 Hz ram. Now I want to install a new one. Which should I buy? 2666 Hz or 2400 Hz?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

All of the processors that come in that model series can only run the memory at 2400 MHz, which is why the 2666 MHz memory is bridging to 2400 MHz.

If there is currently a 2666 MHz memory chip installed, I recommend that you buy a 2666 MHz memory chip to add to the existing one.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

All of the processors that come in that model series can only run the memory at 2400 MHz, which is why the 2666 MHz memory is bridging to 2400 MHz.

If there is currently a 2666 MHz memory chip installed, I recommend that you buy a 2666 MHz memory chip to add to the existing one.

HP Recommended

Is It possible to run at 2666 Hz? Which ram will be the best to install? My processor is i7 8565U.

HP Recommended

It is not possible for the memory to run at 2666 MHz with the  i7 8565U processor.

Take a look at the processor's memory specs at the link below...2400 MHz.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/149091/intel-core-i7-8565u-processor-8m-cache-u...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.