cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

2nd SSD through M.2 type

HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I would like to install a 2nd SSD and I have noticed that this elitebook has an available M.2 slot where a 22x42 SSD could fit, just next to the Wireless card. 

Is there any way to make it work so that the laptop can detect the originally installed SSD (M.2 22x80) and use this available slot for a 2nd SSD? 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Level 17
Level 17
43,920 43,706 7,009 12,349
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's not an SSD slot its for a WWAN cellular modem card. There is an outside chance a 2242 M.2 SSD would be recognized but my money is against it. The Service Manual does not mention the option of having a second SSD in that slot. 

Service Manual 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation