Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-gw0023la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This machine has 4 GB of ram. Can I upgrade to 8 gb or more? Is there more than 1 memory slot? Will the system recognize and support more than 4 GB?

Also, can you tell me what "64" signifies in Windows version "Windows 10 Home 64"?

• Thank you in advance for your help with this... 
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Tk718 

I can't find the specs of your machine nor the manual. But you should be able to add 4GB more to slot 2 (total 8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (2 x 4 GB)). or 16GB (2 x 8GB)

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

This appears to be a relatively new model for the Mexico and other South American countries. You can try going to support.hp.com and selecting your country and see if there is a maintenance and service guide available for this device.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.