Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I got my HP spectre new in 2018. Recently, my original HP charger end broke and it stopped being able to charge unless in a certain position. I ordered a non HP charger that was compatible with my computer and it worked for a few days. It stopped working and I assumed it was the charger and ordered a replacement. After a week, the charger miraculously worked for 2 days until the new one arrived. I tried the new one and it also didn’t work. I was met with the same 3 white blinks at the charger port with both the old and replacement charger. Before my laptop died I ran a diagnostic and went to “device manager—> battery—> Microsoft AC adaptor” as well as trouble shooter and my computer said that there was no issue. I have tried all of the update, restart, “unplug, power up, press F2, etc” info and that hasn’t worked. The HP Spectre does not have a battery that can be easily removed and I want to avoid taking it to a tech place for a $100 diagnostic fee. I’m not sure if this is a problem with my 4 year old laptop not being able to charge or if it’s the charger. The outlet works, so I’m not sure how else I can trouble shoot. When the usb-C charger did work, I did get a notification on the laptop saying “we recommend using an HP spectre charger” esque message. I’m not sure if non name brand chargers stop working automatically or if my computer hardware is corrupted despite diagnostic tests. If you’ve had experience let me know!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I hope that you understand that without providing actual information on which specific notebook you have that no one here can help you.

In the blank subject box in which you filled out your thread, the forum framework actually and literally suggested that you do that.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.