Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
RoySmits Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

597674-001 motherboard replace

HP G62 A18-ed

Hi,

Today i replaced my motherboard of my hp g62 A18-ed. it's my second mb I installed. First one didn't

power on at all. This motherboard will power on. Wifi led will blink. Fan spins for 5 sec, then stops and after

10-15 sec it wil spin again. Screen stays black. Seller guaranteed that this mb is 100% ok and tested before.

Tried this MB in a other G62 case, still same problem. Tested with minimum hardware. Only ram, display and

power switch.

Seller advised me to use single-sided ram. I think this is not the problem. The ram I use worked on previous MB.

Tried other CPU allready.

Anybody a solution?

Regards,

Roy.

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

597674-001 motherboard replace

Hi there Roy Smits, 

Welcome and thanks for being a part of the HP Community! Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.

You had mentioned that this is your second Motherboard purchase for this Notebook. The first one did not work at all. This second one will power on, the fan spins intermittently, the LED for the wireless blinks, but the screen remains black. 

If I understand correctly, you tested this motherboard in another G62 to see if it would work there, but you received the same results. 

Did you receive any error messages?

Do you see the Caps Lock or Num Lock LED's blinking?

Have you reset your BIOS since putting in the motherboard?

I looked up your Maintenance and Service Guide and here is what I found: 

Memory - Pag2 Chapter 1

Supports dual-channel memory DDR3, 1333 MHz

Supports up to 8 GB of system memory

What are the specifications of the MB that you are currently trying to use?

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the information required from above. 

Thanks!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation