Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 6530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is to say a big thank you to HP Customer Service. 

I am a disabled veteran and I dropped my laptop during one of my falls and cracked the touch screen.  I tried to contact PC World were I bought the Laptop to ask if I was covered under the warrantee but had no response.  I then contacted HP who rang me within a couple of days to say that the repair would undertaken free under the warantee. It was collected the next day and returned within a week. 

I cannot express in words how grateful I am, as I need my laptop in keeping connected with family and also in my volunteer work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Wolfbaine 

Thank you for posting your message.

We often hear from unhappy customers - such is the nature of the Community.  Smiling.

It is very nice to receive good news!

I shall make sure your message is forwarded to the right people.

Thank you for your Service.

Stay Safe.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Wolfbaine 

Thank you for posting your message.

We often hear from unhappy customers - such is the nature of the Community.  Smiling.

It is very nice to receive good news!

I shall make sure your message is forwarded to the right people.

Thank you for your Service.

Stay Safe.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for sharing that with us @Wolfbaine .

We are happy that you've got your laptop fixed! 🙂

Keep counting on us if you need anything else!!!

Cheers

WanderP

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your further offer of support.  

I think I might need to look at a new printer.  Since been medically retired from work I have started as a volunteer in a museum archive and library, I am also undertaking some course.  These all require me to print a lot of documents to review or read.  At present I use a Canon T5150 and found that I have to replace the cartridges after purchasing them less than a month ago.  At £50 for a set I cannot afford this each month.   I therefore think I need to upsize to a more office based printer but would be grateful for your expert advice in this regard.

HP Recommended

Hi @Wolfbaine 

It seems you are from United Kingdom, right?

I see in your other post that @Valsimot  provided you some options. I would start from there. What Valsimot suggests you are good options.

According to what you described above regarding the cost of the cartridges being too high, I would recommend you to check the HP Instant Ink program.

This is a service that offers you cartridges based on how much you use your printer. You pay a monthly fee (from £0.99/month to £9.99/month, according to the plan you choose), and you receive the cartridges at your home with no additional cost, before your current cartridges are empty.

I recommend you to take a look at the HP Instant Ink program website for additional details.

Regarding the Printer model, it all depends on how much you need to use it and for what (amount of copies/month and/or how often, type of material you will print, colour or black/white, etc).

This all needs to be taken into consideration.

Because of that, I would recommend you to contact HP Store in UK, and check with them what the best option is according to your needs. They will be able to share with you what would fit best based on your needs and details that you share.

Phone number: 0207 660 3858

I did a quick search on UK HP store, and I found some options of printers.

HP OFFICEJET PRO 9012 WIRELESS ALL-IN-ONE COLOUR PRINTER

This is what we call Home Office Printer. It is Instant Ink ready, with 2 months of Instant Ink Trial included

This model is similar to the one I use at my home, and fits well for my personal needs (which is around 50 pages/month average, for school needs, and some work related printing jobs).

I also found the two models below, which can also be an option, which are more suitable for Home use, and come with 4 Months instant ink trial

HP ENVY Pro 6430 Wireless All-in-One Colour Printer with 4 months Instant Ink Trial

HP DeskJet Plus 4130 Wireless All-in-One Colour Printer with 4 month Instant Ink trial

I hope this helps you 🙂

Cheers

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.