Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ENVY M7-n101dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Long and short of it: my Envy M7-n101dx laptop is not receiving enough power. When I plug the power cord in, the light next to the DC port turns white - if I recall right, it used to turn blue. Despite the light, the system tray doesn't recognize that it's plugged in. But, the battery will charge when the computer is off or asleep. The light next to the DC port turns orange like it should when this happens. If the battery is removed, the computer does not turn on. I've tried in different wall outlets to the same effect.

Based on these symptoms, the problem is either in my AC adaptor or my DC connector, I figure. Somehow, I'm not getting the power that I should. I did some BIOS tests. The battery test passed. The AC adaptor test failed with this:

FAILURE ID: 94H3S2-7RC98F-XD7WLK-C19E03

PRODUCT ID: M1W07UA#ABA

Really, I just need this failure ID code interpreted. Hopefully, all I need is a new power cord. Fingers crossed!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So, I have solved the problem!I ordered a replacement DC power connector cable/plug. While initially doing the install, I stripped one of the screws that connected the bottom cover. I thought I was out of luck for a while, but eventually using industrial glue and brute force my father-in-law and I got that one out last night. This morning I replaced the plug and it is back to running off of AC power!

So I suppose the solution for those who stumble upon this problem is that, if your PC isn't getting enough power, and you can eliminate the AC adaptor as the problem, replacing the DC plug (which wasn't very hard for an amateur like me) solved the problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

The error code translates to>AC Adapter Error. A new power adapter should fix you up. An aging/faulty power adapter often does not supply enough power to run the laptop and charge at the same time- such as you are seeing.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Okay! I ordered a new ac adaptor, but it's on back-order. I will report back when I get it.

HP Recommended

Hi -

I received my new AC adaptor today, but it does not fix the problem. The light next to the DC port still glows white instead of blue, and the computer can only run off of battery power. So, despite the BIOS test results, the AC adaptor was not the problem. Are there other tests I should run? I ran the system board test and it passed. Nothing else seemed relevant.

HP Recommended

Sorry to hear the new adapter didn't change anything- and the Diagnostics failed you. Since the systemboard test passed my only other suspect would be the DC port. Usually they can be replaced but not sure where or how you would go about that in your area.

Several members have used this service with good results. If you don't see a listing for your particular model he says to contact him and he will create one. I saw a few for Envy  M7 but didn't scroll through all. If you are in US and interested I would just click one that is close then use the Contact Seller option from the listing.

https://www.ebay.com/str/computerspartsrus?_pgn=3

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Hi Cheryl,

I returned the AC adaptor and ordered a DC-In Power Connector from the HP store. I will install that and see how it goes. Is there something I'm missing? Is the power connector part (813797-001) different from the port that would require someone to make it?

HP Recommended

So, I have solved the problem!I ordered a replacement DC power connector cable/plug. While initially doing the install, I stripped one of the screws that connected the bottom cover. I thought I was out of luck for a while, but eventually using industrial glue and brute force my father-in-law and I got that one out last night. This morning I replaced the plug and it is back to running off of AC power!

So I suppose the solution for those who stumble upon this problem is that, if your PC isn't getting enough power, and you can eliminate the AC adaptor as the problem, replacing the DC plug (which wasn't very hard for an amateur like me) solved the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.