1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

AC adapter not charging battery

HP 2000 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

Need help with my HP2000 Notebook.  The AC adapter is not charging the battery.  Already purchased a new battery, but the problem continues.  Already tried all suggestions from HP Support web page.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 1165 2327
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

AC adapter not charging battery

Hi @assasination368,

Thanks for stopping by the HP community. A very good day to you. Smiley Happy I reviewed the post regarding the battery not being charged. I will be delighted to assist you here. Smiley Happy

Terrific description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. Smiley Happy You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you with it. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy

• Did you run diagnostics on the battery and the adapter?
  • Did you try with another adapter to check if the adapter is faulty?
  • Does the computer power on with only the AC adapter?
  • Do you get any error messages?

For a start please try these steps:

Please perform a hard reset by clicking here

Then please perform all the prescribed steps and also run diagnostics on the battery and the adapter by clicking here for this document "HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge"  

Please calibrate the battery and update the bios and chipset drivers by visiting this link: http://hp.com/drivers and following the on-screen instructions.

Try different wall outlets. 

Please make sure that you try with another adapter by contacting a local Best Buy or Staples tech to isolate the issue. (Don't buy the charger only drop in there and try out a different charger)

Please try all the steps from this solved solution on HP forums by clicking here

Finally, if nothing works, it is a  hardware issue with the computer's motherboard battery controllers and the entire motherboard needs to be replaced.

As the notebook is an older notebook and retired now, the parts are no longer supplied to Hp by the original manufacturers. So please contact a local Best buy or staples tech or any other technician to get the computer serviced. I would suggest that you work on the same computer with the charger plugged in rather than changing the motherboard of the computer as the price may be almost the cost of a new computer.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation