Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP SPLIT 13t-g100 x2 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I HAVE UPDATED THE LAPTOP WITH WINDOWS 10, AFTERTHAT THE KEYBOARD STOP TO WORK, JUST THE VOLUME KEYS SOMETIMES WORKS. I HAVE DOWNLOADED ALL THE KEYBOARD DRIVERS, UPDATED THE SYSTEM BUT THE SAME DOES NIT WORK. SOMETIMES THE "FLASK DOCK EC? YES OR NOT" APPEARS

I NEED SUPPORT FRIENDS

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@sergiomd10 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand you have keyboard issues with your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Have you tried checking with an external keyboard does the issue persist?

As you mentioned keys on the keyboard stops functioning correctly.

Try few steps recommended below.

Turn off the computer and then restart it.
Press the Esc key repeatedly to see if a startup menu opens.
If a setup menu does not open, the integrated keyboard hardware is not working. The integrated keyboard in the notebook should be serviced or replaced. To continue using the notebook, connect a USB-wired keyboard to a USB port and restart the computer.
If a setup menu opens, use the arrow keys to navigate the menus. If these keys are working in the startup menu, but then fail when Windows loads, the problems might be related to the keyboard software.
Restart the computer.
In Device Manager, uninstall and reinstall the keyboard software:
In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
Click View and select Show Hidden Devices.
Click the arrow next to Keyboards, right-click the keyboard device name, then select Uninstall to remove the device from Windows.
Continue removing device names in the Keyboards category until all device names have been uninstalled.
Restart the notebook. Right-click Start (), select Shut down or sign out, then select Restart.
Wait for the computer to restart and open Windows.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot keyboard issues with your PC.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

THANKS FOR ASSISTANCE MY FRIEND

I HAVE PERFORMED AS YOU SAID_

THE KEYBOARD DOESN´T WORK.

I´VE TRIED WITH ANOTHER KEYBOARD AND THIS WORKS VERY WELL-

I HAVE SETUP THE BIOS SOFTWARE TO DEFAULT SETTINGS, BUT THE KEYBOARD THE SAME DOES NOT WORK. WORKS ONLY THE FIRST ROW WHERE THE "F" KEYS ARE LOCATED.

REGARDS

SERGIO

HP Recommended

@sergiomd10 if an alternate keyboard works fine while this one does not, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.