12-13-2012 09:25 AM
A few months ago I purchased a brand new HP desktop with a top of the line AMD FX processor.
( AMD A8-3500M )
However, it seems that there are some issues with them and the gaming platform Steam. Several games won't run, such as Counter-Strike Cs-Go, on an AMD FX processor. This is a known issue by AMD, and all major motherboard companies have fixed their BIOS to address the issue.(See: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/STEAMGamesonAMDFXplatforms.aspx )
However, since HP customizes their motherboards, none of these fixes will work. When will HP be addressing this issue? I've sent multiple tickets and emails on this so far.
My PC is DV6-6135DX.
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 358D (Socket FS1)
12-13-2012 03:55 PM
The HP already fix this problem in other motherboard.
The same problem...
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot