Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 15-ba099na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP's forums.

I have an problem. I can't figure out what is the reason why my NEW notebook which I bought four day's ago works kinda slow for fresh system right out of store. Yes, i can scrool throught websites with small hiccups, maybe when it need's to load more information, for example when i open multiple sites at Google Chrome. But's thats a task's i thing new PC' (540€) should handle smoothly. Am I' right? Ehh... 

I download League of Legends, CS:GO, Rocket League to test out this computer. All games runs on low setting (10-30 fps) , depending on actions and processes happening on the screen. It's disastrous performance. YES' i checked online videos. Searched for the exactly the same notebook as main. And other's can handle even more performance costly games like Battlefield 1 or GTA V.

So I've have an AMD Radeon™ R5 M430 Graphics (2 GB DDR3 dedicated) videocard which supposedly isn't active after all.

I installed all newest windows updates. Installed newest AMD drivers. I have 17.7.2 Radeon Software version, that one with ReLive.Checked if  HP Support Assistant is up to date, if there is updates to install. Also there is everything updated. Installed newest BIOS update from HP site. !!! Also tried reinstalling AMD drives by selecting my notebook specific's at their site. Also completely wiped out drivers, then reinstalled.

Power is set to high performance, plugged in cable,

One think certainly is weird af. I opened Device Manager to check if I can see my dedicated video card. Click'ed on Display adapters, only shows integrated one - AMD Radeon (TM) R5 Graphics. Also at Radeon Setting screen, where is system spec's. Hardware show's - AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics (Primary/Integrated) with no clue of dedicated one.

I'm hopelessly searching for reasonable answer how to activated/switch or whatever called that process of switching from integrated to dedicated videocard.

Want answers. Thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.