Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't get my laptop to sleep and if it does, it won't wake up. I hear the fan on and the only option is to hold the Power button for 8 seconds, That shuts down the laptop.

Here is the only error message I get whern I run "powercfg /energy"

Platform Power Management Capabilities:PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled
PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer.

I did have a WD external Passport device attached but that has been removed and uninstalled

Any help would be appreciared.
11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Hank78

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with sleep mode. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Here’s a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here 

For step by step guidance: 

• Sleep and Hibernate issues after upgrading to Windows 10 

• The computer does not go into sleep or hibernate mode 

• Disabling the password requirement when resuming from sleep 

• Disabling hybrid sleep in Windows 

• Understanding Windows Sleep and Hibernate modes 

For additional details and steps: Click here

Keep me posted. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for responding. This laptop is not an upgrade from windows 8. All of the software and drivers are you to date accorning to Microsoft and HP's Support Assitant.  Hiverate was ptrviously disabled.

I have currently diabled the sleep function for AC and Turn off Dispay.

Only the POwer Button and Lid closing can now cause the laptop to sleep I will try this for a couple of days and see what happens

The Device Manager list does not show any errors

HP Recommended

@Hank78

Thank you for the replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards, 

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Here is what I have found. 

If the laptop goes into Auto-Lock mode....the lock out screen appears... I can then go into sleep mode by closing the lid or pressing the Power buttom. The laptop wakes without any issues.

If the laptop is just idle and my usual desktop screen is visable and I press the Power button to sleep, the laptop screen goes black, the power light stays solid and I hear the fan. The disk drive light is off. I can't recover from this. I need to hold the Power button for the 8 secs and then perform a new Power on.

Any ideas? Thank you

HP Recommended

@Hank78

If that's the case, then please check the settings for the power button for sleep options.

Let me know. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Barachiel

Both  Lid and Power are set to sleep.

Power-Lid options.JPG

Thanks for your help

HP Recommended

@Hank78

I see that you were interacting with @Barachiel. I'd like to help.

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I understand the issue better now.

Follow the steps mentioned under the first link in this HP document:- Click here

Let me know if that helps.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others and please give the same public post a Kudos for my efforts to help.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This has been tried before and the issue was not resolved

HP Recommended

@Hank78

Thanks for writing back to us.

I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.