Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
g72-b60us Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I understand from a previous posting that my ability to upgrade from 4 to 8 mb of memory depends on the version of the computer I have.  Will something in the model number or serial number indicate the version?  If not, what do I need to look for and where.

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@DavidBinGSO , welcome to the forum.

Here is the memory that is recommended by Crucial Memory.  You may have to remove the current memory if it is not compatible with Crucial's memory.  I suggest that you use CPU-Z to find the manufacturer  and the timings of the current memory.  This information is in the Tab titled "SPD".  Once you have this information, you can contact Crucial's Tech Support for help if you decide to use their memory.  If not, you can use their specifications to buy from another manufacturer.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DavidBinGSO , welcome to the forum.

Here is the memory that is recommended by Crucial Memory.  You may have to remove the current memory if it is not compatible with Crucial's memory.  I suggest that you use CPU-Z to find the manufacturer  and the timings of the current memory.  This information is in the Tab titled "SPD".  Once you have this information, you can contact Crucial's Tech Support for help if you decide to use their memory.  If not, you can use their specifications to buy from another manufacturer.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help.  The memory should arrive tomorrow.   By the way... I love your quote.

David

HP Recommended

You are very welocme, @DavidBinGSO!

Thank you for the compliment on my quote!  I have a lot of Wisdom. 😉

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.