Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 14 AM030TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My wifi card is not working properly and has a very low range, I am planning to replace my wifi card.

What things shall I consider before buying a new wifi card? 

Which wifi card should I use?

Device description: Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi M.2 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook only has one antenna cable connected to the Broadcom card in there now.

You should be able to upgrade to the Realtek RTL8821CE AC wifi adapter which can work with one antenna cable.

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported)

HP Part # L17365-005.

That card has the same throughput (72 MBPS) as the BCM43142 on the 2.4 GHz wifi band, and 433 MBPS on the 5.0 GHz wifi band with an AC router...150 MBPS with a dual band N router.

Unfortunately, that card has been on back order for months at the HP Parts Store, but you can find several of them listed for sale on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=L17365-005&_sacat=0&_sop=15

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.