Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ENVY 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had my Envy 13 for just a few months now, I bought it in October since then all manner of things has gone awry with the laptop, without any feasible explanation. To name a few;

• When the laptop is in sleep, the PC seems to overheat with no limits as the fans struggle to cool it down and drain the battery entirely, this overheating has only ever occurred when in sleep mode, and under normal conditions.
  • The screen bezel seems to have warped slightly (perhaps due to the extreme heat mentioned earlier?)
  • The hinge on the screen has become loose and wobbly (which seems to be a common issue)
  • The fingerprint sensor is no longer recognised by the OS

I haven't dropped or damaged the machine in any way at all (it rarely leaves my bedroom) - and this cannot be a product of wear and tear over just 4-ish months, only poor manufacturing is to blame here and I hope I am the only one to have to deal with this.

This would be at least the littlest bit better if the process to contact HP support in the UK was anywhere near simple, often there is an enquiries email address listed, or text chat with an agent, or even a twitter account I can DM - for HP this is not the case, and I am restricted to either calling the support helpline - something that I cannot achieve due to my schedule conflicting with the open hours, using the automatic text-based assistant - which is useless to my situation, or writing a post here for the "community's help" and hoping the forum moderators are kind enough to put the system in motion to get my faulty hardware fixed. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

In-Warranty: visit support.hp.com/gb-en/ for HP Drivers, troubleshooting, diagnostic tools, documents and videos, detailed product information and support forums. For faster support, create your case online at support.hp.com/gb-en/contact-hp/ before calling us at 0207 660 0596. Mon-Fri 8:00 - 18:00
(except for Bank Holidays)

HP Recommended

You wouldn't get any help or solution for this problem from HP or Flex(tronics) - the true manufacturer of the Envy devices.

I'm sure you've got a Envy x360 13-ar* series model.

I own a 13-ar0212ng since 4 months now and had a torture with HP and Flextronics without any success. I'm very sure this device also could explode!

Check out this and believe me, there will never be a solution instead of sending it back to the dealer:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Overheating-WIFI-crashing-Keyb...

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response, and although my model is actually a 13-aq0000na (not an x360 version) - but many of the issues mentioned in the post you linked are consistent with the problems I am having (but maybe more extreme, as I am yet to have to resort to having to physically insulate myself from the device to operate it), perhaps the 13-aq* series is being reported less due to its reduced severity? or hopefully, I am just a one-off case, I have been a steadfast desktop-only user for years, and took the advice of a similar friend to purchase an ENVY 13 laptop for uni, safe to say I will steer very clear of both HP and Flex(tronics) in the future.

HP Recommended

OK this model series has never reported to me as being affected.

I've got a 13-ar0212ng with Ryzen 7 3700U CPU that has overheating issues in standby, but not while normally using it.

I've also got a 15-bp130ng  with Intel i7-8550U CPU that is working just fine for 2 years now.

They have a different BIOS as well.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.