Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook - 13-b222
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I accidentally disabled my touchpad with a some kind of keyboard shortcut. I tried to press the left upper corner of the pad but it didn't work. I don't think that there is a way to disable the touchpad by pressing it. There is a touchpad icon in my task bar and it has a red X on it. I tried to enable it through the task bar but i chouldn't find any kind of a on/off button. I even tried to press Fn + F7 and other F buttons but nothing changed. There has to be a keyboard shortcut.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

A lot of HP touchpads have an area at the top left of the pad which when double-tapped will toggle the touchpad On/Off.

Hope this helps.

***** Click the Thumbs UP (Like) on the Right to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi

You may find this link usefull as well

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04648748?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0003

Hope this helps.

***** Click the Thumbs UP (Like) on the Right to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

HP Recommended

@VJ_R wrote:

Hi,

A lot of HP touchpads have an area at the top left of the pad which when double-tapped will toggle the touchpad On/Off.

Did you even read what I said? There is not such an area at the top left. I tried to press it, I tried to tap it, 1 time, 2 times, 3 times.. I tried to press everything on the pad but nothing happens. And to instructions that you gave me didn't help at all. I think that my touchpad is diffirent. The settings aren't same at all. Like i said, I accidentally disabled it with some sort of a keyboard shortcut or combination. You reply always the same way to everyone who has problems with touchpad. You don't even read what their message is saying. You basically just see the word: "touchpad" and "problem" and then you just paste the same **bleep**ing answer you **bleep**ing idiots. Do your job right. I doubt that you even know what laptop i have. They are not the same. All instructions you gave weren't the same at all...

HP Recommended

thanks man for the help i have a friend that had the same problem but with your help it was solved thanksfor the help

HP Recommended

on a Lenovo there is a keystroke combination - if memory serves it is Ctl-Alt-F5

HP Recommended

I found it! Old post but someone may still need help. After checking bios & all that, looked into the Fn combos.  I must have hit something too. Well, on the Gateway(realized HP is other computer) it's the F6. There's an icon with a hand & a slash- if you have touchpad it must be on whatever you have too.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.