Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 16-a0034ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, guys. I want to know, how i can optimize my laptop. I am planning to do a review in stock condition and with (only software) some  legal means accessible to all.
1) use XMP-profile (it declared in the box
2) Unlock BIOS-settings (in stock latest bios i can do nothing) - not some overclocking, course, but downvolting the cpu/gpu - in stock it looks very bad. Frequency of cores only 3400-3500, and for 4 cores 8 threads it disgusting. In Intel Extreme Utility (7.3) you cant do anything, only unlock TDP, but it's useless, because in gaming power consumption reached only 30Watts.
For GPU - i got only 60-65Watts for rtx2060 - i think, this performance worse, than even "normal gtx1660". So i need to downvolting GPU too, for get the frequency higher - 1560Mhz is a shame, and to fit in same TDP (65w).
But no one in support cant helped me - i call in RU-support (they send me to Intel-support, i called to Intel-support, they send me to HP-support. I'm NOT A HOT POTATOE!!!), then i write to US-support cant - some guy with name Abrhdhzhdad said, that i can call to US-support (844) 814-1800 and will ask about my problem, it should be some "Team Level-2" (who is this guys?? o_o).
When i called, the assistant (looks like Prhadsadasbad) could not answer anything and did not know about this Team LVL2.
SO, WHAT I SHOULD DO, IF EVEN IN US NOONE KNOWS???
I'm not my own enemy, and I'm not going to break a new laptop that I bought. You just need to refine it to match a laptop for gamers, and not just a glowing backlit machine with a frequency of 4 cores at 3400 and RAM timings at 21-21-21. Thanks for understanding

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

GUUUYS! Any ideas??

HP Recommended

I think you cant use XMp on Laptop RAM 

HP Recommended

dude, it declared on laptop p_p

HP Recommended

would love an open Bios on Hp Gaming laptops please hp

HP Recommended

Yeah, it was the best answer on my question. it was worth waiting a few days for that. dude, you really helped me. how could I not guess myself

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.