Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15T (8QQ67AV_1)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings!

I've just ordered a new model 15T 8QQ67AV_1 and I'd like to increase the PCIe SSD as well as add a traditional 2.5" SATA drive for storage.  Is there a space in the chassis to install the 2.5" drive?  If so, what additional hardware will I need?

Additionally, how do I go about transferring the OS to the upgraded PCIe drive?

Thank you for your consideration and support.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ChapHov 

Looks like the series does not offer option to have 2.5" HDD/SSD

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-laptop-15t-8qq67av-1

Normally that means no HDD slot or no parts available to connect to. My machine (not same series) does not have slot for 2.5" HDD/SSD and it even does not have card reader slot, I have to use external SD card reader to add more storage. It is a business class machine.

Those CTO machines are still new and no manual available. You have to wait for few more weeks and you can have a clearer picture

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.