01-04-2017 05:04 PM
I am interested in buying an HP Pavilion 15-bc006ng.
I would like to know will Samsung SM961 NVMe M.2 (2280) SSD work with it, as i understand there are empty m.2 slot on the motherboard?
01-04-2017 06:04 PM - edited 01-04-2017 06:12 PM
Page 2, 33: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05117922.
Samsung SM961 NVMe M.2 (2280) SSD would be the fastest available in the market. Are you sure it is TLC, rather than MLC?
Your notebook supports SSD 2280 M2 PCIe 3x4SS NVMe TLC TL. I'll not take chances buying MLC. Go for TLC type.
Remove HDD from its bay, Install your desired operating system in SSD. Make it boot drive. Then replug HDD. Now SSD will be your boot drive and HDD as storage.
Be aware that SSD upgrade needs somewhat major disassembly. Hence if you are doing it alone and break something in the process, HP wouldn't honor the warranty. Get help from HP or a good technician for the upgrade.
Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say "Thank you" and the "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find this fix/answer easily
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot