Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. A simple feature request. HP OMEN, 2018 HP Spectre x360, and most, if not all, HP Business laptops come with a battery charging limiting feature (stop charging at 80%), to stop excessive charging to 100%, when the laptop is mostly used on AC power. This HP feature is called the "Battery Health Manager" or "Battery Care Function":

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01297640

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-care-function-in-BIOS/...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/Configuring-battery-charging-limit-to-desired-value-7...

The benefits of this are clearly explained here (and that's why HP offers it on many of their laptops): it can greatly extend the longevity of the non-user-replaceable battery  (the battery can always hold a full charge for longer). 

The current latest late 2019 HP Spectre x360 13t (w/ 10th-generation Intel Ice Lake processors like the i7-1065G7) does not have this "Battery Health Manager" nor "Battery Care Function" feature. Why was this critical feature omitted and can future BIOS updates please include this feature? It would really round out a very good laptop to make it even better. 

You can confirm this feature is missing by using the BIOS simulator for the late 2019 Spectre x360 here.

78 REPLIES 78
HP Recommended

@ikjadoonx Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the battery will not charge completely 100%.

Please perform the battery test and let us know.

Please follow the below steps to perform the component test.

1) Shutdown the computer.  

2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.  

3) Press F2 once.  

4) Go to the Component test.  

5) From the list, run the Battery test.  

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Praveen, thank you for replying, but that's not the problem whatsoever. This post is about limiting the charge intentionally to prolong battery HEALTH (not battery life). 

Ideally, you can forward this request to the HP development/engineering teams who can consider this for an upcoming UEFI/BIOS or HP software update.

The "Battery Care Function" or the "Battery Health Manager" that HP has allowed on OTHER HP laptops, but not on the late 2019 HP Spectre x360. We would like to request that feature be developed for this laptop.  This is a feature request, not a bug report or technical failure.

c06466017

i6j0mVm

HP Recommended

@ikjadoonx I appreciate the feedback/suggestion, and I've forwarded this to the concerned (R&D) team within HP, however, there's no saying how long before its developed or released,

That said, If there's anything else, you need help with, feel free to get back to us anything and we'll be happy to help you out.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for understanding the intent, Riddle_Decipher. I'd really appreciate that. 

HP Recommended

@ikjadoonx

Happy to help! 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am very interested in this feature as well!

HP Recommended

i am interested in this feature for pavilion cd0232 as well.

Thanks for your effords

HP Recommended

@Xavier_M I appreciate the feedback/suggestion, and I've forwarded this to the concerned (R&D) team within HP, however, there's no saying how long before it's developed or released,

That said, If there's anything else, you need help with, feel free to get back to us anything and we'll be happy to help you out.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

HP Recommended

I am interested in this feature, as well.

This feature currently already exists on my HP Spectre x360 13" early 2019 model (Whiskey Lake). I've "upgraded" recently to the same laptop, HP Spectre x360 13" late 2019 model (Ice Lake), but I am quite disappointed that this feature was removed. This is the same line of laptop, it's merely a refresh. Please add this feature back in.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.