Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Stream x360 - 11-ag102tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I currently have a HP Stream x360 - 11-ag102tu which I opened up and saw there was a space for a hard drive. I checked the service manual which I saw said I needed a special caddy and zif connector which I bought. I tried to add a samsung evo 860 500gb sata SSD  which all fitted correctly but when connecting it, it seemed that it was not getting power and I confirmed this in the BIOS which didn't show the SSD. I also confirmed that it wasn't the hard drive as I also tried a Western Digital Scorpio Blue 500gb Sata HDD which also did not power up nor show up in the BIOS. I finally also ordered 2 new ZIF cables which also did not work. Is it possible that the port is disabled on the motherboard as I am a bit confused as I had an older HP laptop which I added an MSATA to and that recognised it straight up. 

Thanks, Jordan.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

The zif cable I bought had 12 pins which matches the number of pins on the motherboard but looking on the forums some people have said that on other x360 laptops that the zif cable should have 10 pins eventhough the motherboard has 12 pins which is pretty confusing.

HP Recommended

I also would like to note that this is the Australian version.

I have been following the service manual as shown here:

https://support.hp.com/au-en/product/hp-stream-x360-11-ag100-convertible-pc/20913101/model/22909945/...

hp1.PNG

HP Recommended

I have upload a few photos of my attempt to use the 12 pin ZIF cable with the SSD.Hdd port edited.jpg12 pin zif edited.jpgconnected.jpg20181121_111322.jpg

HP Recommended

Can anyone confirm that HP sent the correct ZIF cable for my computer? The ZIF cable that came with the hard drive kit had the number NBX00024500. Thanks.

HP Recommended

@jordangt

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Support Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi Cheron,

Thanks for the reply, I've tested the cable and port and have found that there are voltages going through the cable and port meaning that I believe that the port and cable are ok. Is it possible that HP have disabled the SATA controller on the computer or locked the BIOS as I can't find it listed anywhere in the device manager or the HWINFO program which I find is funny as there is another laptop which uses the same motherboard called the 11-ab103tu and has a sata instead of an emmc. Unless, the processor the intel celeron N4000 can't handle dual storage which I'm unsure about. The hard drive light on the side of the laptop also doesn't light up with a new hard drive. Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.