1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Adding SSD to HP pavilion 15-DK0015nt

Pavilion 15-DK0015nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As i know my PC come with 1 free slot for hard drive its 2.5 inch. I want to add 2.5 inch SSD. But i dont know thickness of slot is that important. SSD which i probably buy is 7mm is it fits to slot. And i dont know my SATA version. SATA 1,2,3? Which one is right? I am quite amateur in this things. Thx for help.  

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
81,467 81,360 10,155 21,825
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Mortuum 

The specs says it is 7.2mm but you can use 7.0mm. Thicker may not fit physically but a bit thinner is ok, the screws will keep it in place.

All standard 2.5" HDD's for notebooks use SATA III or SATA 3 now.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I am looking to do the same.  Just ordered a  1515-dk0046nr  and am wondering if the hdd brackets and connectors came with your laptop. 

If not,  were you able to find them. 

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation