Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Notebook - 17t-k200 CTO (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 7 year old Envy laptop that I'd like to upgrade to Windows 11, but I don't have a TCM chip.  My BIOS shows the motherboard as 229D.

Is it possible to buy and add the chip to this motherboard?  Many thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@PaulinMD wrote:

I have a 7 year old Envy laptop that I'd like to upgrade to Windows 11, but I don't have a TCM chip.  My BIOS shows the motherboard as 229D.

Is it possible to buy and add the chip to this motherboard?  Many thanks.

No way to put TPM and in addition your system does not have a supported CPU.

However, you can still install windows 11.   Please read this first

How to install 11 on just about any old computer 

You might be better off upgrading your 5400 RPM hard drive with a solid state drive.  That should speed up the booting process as well as any applications including gaming.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.