Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 14-DF0023CL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey,

I'm trying to add a 2.5" hdd to my new HP 14-DF0023CL laptop and per the user manual I need a l23187-001 cable to do it, problem is I can't find one. Is there another part that will do the job just the same or perhaps another name I should be searching? I found other HP laptop hdd cables but I figured I would ask before blindly buying things that may not work.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Overblownego,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I understand you are in need of support and I'll be glad to help you out.

As I see you are trying to add a new hard drive on your computer and you are looking for the hard drive cable, so I have gone through the Maintenance and Service guide of your laptop and found that's the correct part for your notebook. 

If you wish to try other parts you can try it at your own discretion, HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance. 

Alternatively, You could replace the part on your own, use the HP Parts surfer to identify the part: Click here & order it via the HP Parts store (Click here).

If you find difficulty replacing the part, I will share you a private message with details. Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as Solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yeah, do you know where I can purchase the correct cable? Because that would be a massive help. Thank you!

HP Recommended

@Overblownego,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you would like to know from where you can purchase the hard drive cable for your PC, 

If you are comfortable in replacing the part by yourself,  use the HP Parts surfer to identify the part: Click here & order it via the HP Parts store (Click here).

Or you can use the part number and try to check through online retail store.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The HP Parts store confirms this part is obsolete and can no longer be ordered. Please provide an updated part number so we can add an SSD to this brand new model of HP Notebook. 

HP Recommended

@ISBNmaker,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see from your post you need information and assistance related to the Hard drive cable for your HP notebook. 

As I understand you have tried to look for the part on HP Part store and unfortunately it looks to be obsolete, Don't worry, you can use the same part number to look through online retail store such as eBay or Amazon, as the part numbers are universal. 

I hope this answers your question, Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Jeet, can you please do us all a favor and provide at least one link or store where we can actually purchase the part we need (l23187-001 cable for 2.5” SSD)? It is not available on eBay and not at Amazon. HP does use this cable on other models, same part number, so HP must have a source for where they get it. Can you please find out and tell us, so we can buy one?

HP Recommended

I used the harddisk flex cable with model number DD0X18HD011 (10 pins) which is meant for HP 15-AB but it is compatiable with part number is L23187-001.
This cable works with my HP Laptop 14s-cf0012TU:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0k.7385961.1997985097.d4918993.7d0a6746G86YzV&id=57645658540...

Only after I bought the DD0X18HD011 then I found this website:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0k.7385961.0.0.7d0a6746G86YzV&id=574283860697&_u=t2dmg8j2611...

You can also look into these websites:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=DD0X18HD011+cable&_sacat=0&LH_Titl...
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/233054832150

HP Recommended

I also added an SSD to my HP14df0023cl. I first tried a flat cable from a different HP product line 14" laptop and it was a VERY tight fit folding it over the SSD and into the MB connector. The second flat cable suggested by LJohn008 (HP Small Euro 14s-cr0000; Taobao) looks to be similar in proportion to the 14" cable that I tried--and, therefore, also too short. I would not recommend it.

I ultimately used a flat cable connector from an HP 17 laptop. It is longer than necessary, but with some folds works fine. It was much easier to install.

HP Recommended

I tried doing this exact thing with a SSD cable from an HP 15" laptop but it didn't work. The cable looked like a perfect match too, the number of connections was correct, the type of blue end wires where it slides into the board connector fit perfectly, but the laptop refused to boot up after reconnecting the battery.  It wouldn't boot-- even if there was no SSD connected to the cable, which is unusual...   IF you try it and it works, please tell us the part number or source for that cable you've got?

Thank you,

--Dactylion

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.