Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 14-CD1055CL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Pavilion x360 14-CD 1055CL, product number, 6EH44UA#ABA, this laptop came with a 256-GB, 2280, PCIe, NVMe Solid State HDD in the M.2 connector bay. I would like to install a SATA drive in the SATA drive bay for a second hard drive. I will need the hard drive cable, pn. L18218-001, Hard drive Foil, Pn. L20549-001, and the Hard drive rubber sleeve which is listed as two part numbers one for full feature model, and one for full feature plus model. Which one should I use? Any recommendations.

JS
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@AVCLLC Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to add the hard drive for your laptop.

Yes, your laptop support hard drive. For that, you have to purchase the two additional parts that are Hard drive foil and cable.

1-TB, 5400-rpm, SATA hard drive 762990-005

Hard drive foil L20549-001

Hard drive cable L18218-001

You could purchase the part from HP, use the HP Parts surfer to identify the part: http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx 

And order it via the HP Parts store: https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/CountryChoice.aspx?mscssid=&ccode=ZZ&lcode=ZZ 

Or alternatively, Contact HP for setting up an order/service via phone support   

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Let me alert others that obtaining parts for a HP laptop that is still under warranty is not easy. And all search results on the related HP parts sites list the parts as "Not Available". How a manufacturer can sell a product this way and retain customers is surely not good. I would recommend a Dell Laptop as parts are available and easy to obtain. Trying to get a hard drive caddy and cable for my HP Pavilion x360 through HP support and parts and finding that it is not available while the unit is still under warranty is bad for HP's business. I will never buy an HP product again.

JS
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.