cancel
Dactylion Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Adding a SSD to an HP 14-DF0023CL. I'm not finding the correct cable anywhere.

HP 14-DF0023CL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I could not find HP part # L23187-001, the cable to add another SSD to this  HP 14-DF0023CL laptop, anywhere.  I found a very similar looking cable from a 15" HP laptop and tried it, but the laptop would not boot with the cable installed.  It refused to boot even if there was no SSD attached to the cable, which I thought was kind of strange.  Any help finding the correct cable so I can add this SSD would be very appreciated!

Thank you,

--Dactylion

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,760 7,632 275 331
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Adding a SSD to an HP 14-DF0023CL. I'm not finding the correct cable anywhere.

@Dactylion
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that you have 128 GB M.2 SSD drive installed on the PC.
Also, I've gone ahead and checked the parts from HP partsurfer and no cables found: Click here

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation