Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ay002nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hey guys i bought my laptop "(HP Notebook - 15-ay002nx )" from 5 years ago and now i want to upgrade some hardware parts on it 

i already add ssd storage

i want to upgrade my ram i have 4gb ram ddr3

my question is :

is my laptop accept a ddr4 ram? and how much rams accept?

and thx for u all😍

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

No DDR3 and DDR4 memory is incompatible....physically different and one kind will not fit in the slot for the other. Your max is 16 gb (2 x eight gig modules) of DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM. 

Post back if you need more help. 

HP Recommended

but if i removed my 4gb ram and add a one piece of 8gb ram ddr4 is it works ?

HP Recommended

No...you can put in one or more larger capacity DDR3 modules but a DDR4 module is shaped differently and cannot be plugged into your motherboard. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.