cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Solved!

Additional RAM and Internal M.2 SSD for my HP 14-ck0022tx, are the following parts compatible?

HP Recommended
HP Notebook 14-ck0022tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am looking to upgrade my current laptop (HP 14-ck0022tx) by adding an additional memory stick and internal SSD. I would like to verify if the following parts are compatible with my laptop before I buy them.

• Samsung 860 Evo Solid State Drive 250GB M.2 SATA 
  • Team Elite Team Group 4GB DDR4 2400Mhz SODIMM

Thank you so much in advance for the replies.

7 REPLIES 7
Level 19
Level 19
88,684 88,570 11,324 24,319
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Minimum666 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06120612

1. STORAGE: Yes you can add M.2 SATA SSD such as Samsung 860 EVO to your machine,
  2. RAM: I don't know Team Elite Team Group RAM therefore I can't comment, why not use same existing RAM ? You can use a tool called CPU-Z to find out what is it.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Level 4
84 78 3 6
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yeah it is compatible.

Level 2
12 8 2 2
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You should check your Motherboard first. You can check it from Command Prompt. write and hit enter button >

wmic memphysical get maxCapacity, MemoryDevices

if Memory Devices is not 1, and MaxCapacity is 8 gb or more, you can upgrade your ram. ( MaxCapacity is written in KiloByte.)

And SSD, you should remove the bottom case. And check your hardware. if there is a M2 SSD slot, you can use it. You should watch tutorials while upgrading, do not harm your pc.

Accept as Solution if this is the answer for your Question 🙂

Level 4
84 78 3 6
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

U can also google it by hp pavilion [model] memory  and ssd upgrade  u will find a website  which belongs to crucial memory  . Click and u will find whether it is compatible  or not https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/...

Author
5 2 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having trouble interpreting results from CPU-Z, Task Manager(performance tab), my laptop specs document.

On the specs page it says 4 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB)

On Task Manager it says 4 GB DDR4 (Speed: 2400)

On CPU-Z I have the following:

• Memory Tab: Uncore Frequency 3000+MHz and DRAM Frequency: 1196.8MHz
  • SPD Tab: DDR4-2666(1333MHz)

So what RAM speed should I buy? and what's the difference between SDRAM and DRAM

I would like to match my additional RAM to my existing one even if the brand is not the same. Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
Level 4
84 78 3 6
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Buy sdram because it provides  greater efficiency as it stays synchronized with computer's clock 

Level 2
12 8 2 2
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Oh. If SPD page says it's a 2666Mhz ram then you should buy a 2666mhz ram. Check your CasLatency too. It should be same. You can buy a 2400Mhz ram too but if your 1st ram is able to work in 2400Mhz.

Can you share a ScreenShot?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation