Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-en0020ur
Product - 1U3C8EA
I need to open the advanced BIOS settings. I want to change the size of the video memory for  AMD UMA. Bios f16.
what is the procedure? which buttons should I press? enable and click A+f10? Help please 😞
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

That is a ship that has sailed.

It has been many years since a BIOS allowed adjusting the amount of memory used for UMA video.

The setting that you see when you enter the BIOS with F10 are all will get.

Advanced BIOS is for enthusiast gaming motherboards in stystems built by people like myself. It is DIY, not a factory thing.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Interesting... My last laptop (lenovo ideapad 5) was released in 2020. He had the option to reduce or increase the video memory. Because UMA takes 650mb from RAM. And I don't like it. I only use Nvidia graphics via type-c. I use a large monitor.

HP Recommended

@gu4rdmayer wrote:

Interesting... My last laptop (lenovo ideapad 5) was released in 2020. He had the option to reduce or increase the video memory. Because UMA takes 650mb from RAM. And I don't like it. I only use Nvidia graphics via type-c. I use a large monitor.

And because of that you believe that all manufacturer's notebooks  and BIOS coded files are the same?

You can believe what you want, but what manufacturers choose to  create, sell and support is something else. 

This is my last response to your thread. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

"Because UMA takes 650mb from RAM. And I don't like it. I only use Nvidia graphics via type-c. I use a large monitor."
nice ignore 🙂

HP Recommended

I missed the complete statement.  Mea Culpa. 😐

I use PCIe x16 video cards in my gaming PC.

We just made different choices because of our different preferences.

Laptop Manufacturers on the whole, with a few  model exceptions, deny owners access to anything beyond basic BIOS access  to protect owners from themselves. That policy also  protects their corporations from liability.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.