Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion 15T
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought this computer. I've had it since 9-6-17, and the first time i turned it on it started up, i set it up and everytrhing. When i went to shut down it said it needed to do an update and then shut down, so i did. Fast forward to Tuesday the 12th as i was out of town have haven't used the laptop since it was updated, i went to turn it on and it started up fine, i was able to enter my password to login and then the screen goes blank. I can move and see the mouse but nothing else. I did tests on the drives and operating system and it said "passed" on all. I ended up doing a System Restore to Factory settings and it again it started up just fine, and i was able to get on, use it upload pictures and then when i went to shut down, again it said it needed an update. So i went in to look at the updates and then restarted it from there. And again, it did the exact same thing. It updated just fine, i was able to login and the desktop just went to blank screen again. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.