Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ac119tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After the latest BIOS update, my laptop charge is fluctuating, after every 15 sec, a white light appears on the charging indicator. Then after some time, it turns orange and continues charge until I remove the charging adapter and use it with battery power. I have previously visited many sites and forums of HP and uninstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver from battery section in Device Manager. Then I followed further steps and reinstalled it after a reboot from that forum of HP regarding this. I have also updated HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI from https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-ac100-notebook-pc-series/8499326/model/881934... .Then I performed a battery check and power adapter check from f2 key in boot menu. There, everything was good i.e. battery health and power source. But after that I had shut down it, and next day I started it again normally for my online classes. But the same problem came back. Can I get a permanent solution for this? Since before the BIOS update, everything was good. Is this BIOS update bad? Or can I resolve this problem by updating BIOS for my system by downloading it from HP's Downloads website?

My product is HP Notebook - 15-ac119tu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Aditya_Sharma

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Aditya_Sharma

I reviewed your post and I understand that the battery is not getting charged correctly after the BIOS update.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the BIOS version installed on your computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check if it helps.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96501-97000/sp96831.exe

(BIOS Version: F.29 Rev.A)

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossete

My BIOS version/Date is 'Insyde F.31/30-06-2020' & SMBIOS version is '2.8'

And, I was unable to update my BIOS from the link provided by you. After downloading the BIOS update from there, I opened that application file. Then I accepted the Terms & Conditions, after that I got 3 options, Update, Create a USB Flash...., and one more regarding copying BIOS image file. But I was unable to update my system. It showed 'This BIOS is not Compatible with your system'. Then I had to close that window.

HP Recommended

@Aditya_Sharma

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.