Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Laptop x7t5oua
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

After updating, laptop asks for password, mine doesn’t work 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Mitchziolo,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see from your post that you're having issues logging on to your computer. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you tried to access the Microsoft account from the website. 

Could you please share the screenshot of the issue as this will help me in further assisting you.

Try this first: Use the HP Guided Solution: 

Let us guide you through the solution 

Microsoft account 

Reset your Microsoft account password online. You can reset your password on any device connected to the Internet. 

See the Microsoft password reset page (in English) to reset your password. 

If there are no other accounts with Administrator rights, you do not have a password reset disk, try these other options:

• You can perform an HP System Recovery to completely erase all files, including password information, and go back to the way the system was when it was first purchased. For more information, see HP Guided Solution - Performing an HP System Recovery.

• If you haven't created a set of recovery media, then I would suggest you to obtain recovery media - Here's what you need to know about obtaining a recovery media for yourself: Click here

I recommend you contact HP phone support so that they can help you in ordering/downloading a set of recovery media for your PC. 

You can contact HP phone support on www.hp.com/contacthp.

Hope this answers your question.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.