Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy Sleekbook 6-1019nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to upgrade my processor as i am already upgrading my ram. Is their any good selection or where could I  find a list of what would work for my laptop. In advance thank you for your time, I appreciate you. 🙂 (Also it is the AMD A6 Vision i have current - standard issue)

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@jocordova2100 

Unfortunately, upgrading CPU/GPU is not simply swap the CPU, you need to but s whole System board for example your machine has   an AMD A6-4455M processor (2.10-GHz, SC turbo up to 2.60-GHz; 1.00-MB L2 cache, 1333-MHz FSB, DDR3, dual core, 17 W) and the Windows 8 Standard operating system part # 708977-501

If you wish, please use a list on System boards on page 57 of the following manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03590555.pdf

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello

I don't know how is Envy Sleekbook 6-1019NR built , but since years , in the laptop, the CPU is soldered on the motherboard . so you can't upgrade it.

Desktops and workstations still have CPU on socket and can be upgraded

Bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.