• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Am I safe after coffee spill?

HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming 15t

I spilled coffee on my laptop yesterday, After performing all the possible precautions and after 24 hrs, I took it to the service center. Thankfully everything was working, but they said they cant clean the laptop from the inside. I have seen many articles on the internet saying that coffee can corrode the components inside and it could take weeks or months for the damage to show. Am I safe or should I do something else to save my computer?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,321 41,568 4,542 11,932
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't quite follow why you ask if you are safe.  It is safe to use the notebook or you would have been given a warning by the service center.

There isn't anything more that you can do to mitigate what happened.

When you spill a liquid on a electronic device there is always a risk.

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to find the product number

#HelpStopTheSpread
#PracticeSocialDistancing

Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was not given a warning by the service center, they said everything was working. But, they also said that they didn’t go inside the laptop fully and haven’t cleaned the areas deep inside the laptop. I asked them to do the same but they refused. By “am I safe” I mean should I do something else to maximise the chance of my laptops survival?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,321 41,568 4,542 11,932
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I drink tea and coffee with sugar around my PC and notebooks, but I am extremely careful when I do that. 

I suggest developing your own  Spill safety protocol for when you are consuming a beverage and working with your notebook.

That will maximize the chance of your laptops survival.

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to find the product number

#HelpStopTheSpread
#PracticeSocialDistancing

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation