Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 14
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new HP Spectre x360 14 laptop. The charging port is through the USB-C port. The computer came with a new HP 65 watt USB-C AC adapter (HP part number L45962-002/replace with HP spare L04650-850).  I also have and old HP 65 watt USB-C AC adapter (HP part number L30757-002/replace with HP spare L32392-001).  Is the old HP 65 watt USB-C AC adapter compatible & safe to use with my new HP Spectre x360 14 laptop?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@drhanneman 

Are all HP USB-C AC adapters compatible & safe to use with all HP laptop computers?

No, you need to have a notebook which is compatible with an USB-C charger first. You won't be able to use USB-C charger (any) on many HP laptops/notebooks.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

My new HP Spectre x360 14 is powered by the USB-C port as is my previous HP Spectre x360 15.  I wondering if my old HP 65 watt USB-C charger is compatible and safe to use with my new HP Spectre x360 14?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.