Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Probook 4340s
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I use a HP Probook 4340s (B6M37EA) which supports up to 8Gb RAM (2 slots).

I have placed the HyperX (Kingston) HX316LS9IBK2/8 8GB (2X4GB) SO-DIMM DDR3L CL9 Dual Channel in my laptop.

Although the aforementioned RAM works at the frequency of 1600 MHz, Speccy and CPU-Z show that my RAM works at 800 MHz. Why does that happen ?

Kind regards

Kyriakos

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since the memory is running in dual channel mode, you have to multiply the report by 2.

800 MHz x 2 = 1600 Mhz, which is the rated speed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since the memory is running in dual channel mode, you have to multiply the report by 2.

800 MHz x 2 = 1600 Mhz, which is the rated speed.

HP Recommended

Ok.

Thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

All of the reports on all of my PC's show the same thing as yours.

Memory report is half of the memory specs.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.