05-02-2012 08:57 AM
HP ProBook 6556b
I then run HDD Self-Test (F4 key) in bios and it displays Error: Unknown Failureerror: Unknown Failure. I then back out of the Bios and hit F1 key and the ProBook boots up to a login. What is causing this to come up everytime I power on the laptop.
05-02-2012 09:56 AM
B8 - End-to-End error Quote: This attribute is a part of HP's SMART IV technology and it means that after transferring through the cache RAM data buffer the parity data between the host and the hard drive did not match
This is the error. It is rather unusual but no SMART error is good and they all mean you need to back up and get a new hard drive. If you have not made recovery disks do so while you can using the HP Recovery tool.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot