MRIDUL_NAIR1978
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BATTERY DRAINING EVEN WITHOUT SWITCHING ON

pavilion Notebook - 15-ab219tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

battery discharging even without swithcing on. kindly advise what can be done. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,383 2,201
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BATTERY DRAINING EVEN WITHOUT SWITCHING ON

Hi @MRIDUL_NAIR1978,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand the laptop's battery is discharging while it's in a shutdown state and you need assistance in resolving this concern, I have a few suggestions for you,

Let's start with updating the BIOS and the Chipset drivers to the latest version using the Official HP website for drivers and downloads: Click here to find it.

You will need to Understand Lithium-Ion and Smart Battery Technology: Click here for details

Resetting the ACPI battery driver may take care of this. There will be a hard reset mixed in as well, so the two methods combined typically help a lot with battery issues.

1. Go to Start, search for Device Manager, and open this result.

2. Expand batteries.

3. Right-click on the ACPI option (usually the 2nd option) and select delete or uninstall. Follow the prompts.

4. Shut down the computer.

5. Disconnect the charger.

6. Remove the battery.

7. Hold down the power button for 1 minute.

8. Insert the battery only.

9. Attempt to turn the battery on.

If this had an impact, it should behave differently.

If not, Press the power button and then tap the F2 key to invoke the startup menu.

Run a battery test using F2 (during restart), if the test failed: 

Check with an alternate battery. 

If the test passes and yet, the issue persists: 

Within BIOS there's an option that provides energy to the Type-C USB port even when the notebook is turned off. 

Hence, I recommend you disable this feature to fix the battery drain.  

Please find the details listed below: 

• Press the power button and then tap the F2 key to invoke the start-up menu. 

• Choose and click on the F10 key to invoke the BIOS. 

• Use the System Configuration tab. Disable USB Charging  and press the F10 key to save the changes and boot into Windows. 

Keep me posted,

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues.

If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.

Both icons are below this post.

Have a good day, Ahead.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation