Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 7 (170 Views)

BATTERY life

Product Name: HP spectre 360
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am deeply disappointed in the battery life - I have complained and although HP upgraded my complaint the man I spoke to could not tell me what I should expect from the battery.  In fact was no hlep at all.    I have just spent £1,000 on this computer and I cannot take it to meetings without a charger - this is appalling - I see others have had this problem - has anyone been given a solution or even an improved battery?

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 7 (166 Views)

Re: BATTERY life

We do get quite a few complaints about the x360 battery life. What kind of runtime are you seeing? Are you trying to follow a plan to extend battery runtime? The biggest single thing is screen brightness. Also, since we are a User to User Forum we have no way to know what HP is doing in response to specific complaints. I do know there is no other battery available except the factory part.  

Top Student
Message 3 of 7 (156 Views)

Thanks for replying - I only use the computer for  e-mail/excel/word - very very rarely for some utube clip.  I have reduced the brightness but have done nothing other than that.   What really surprised me was that the complaints department did not even know what I should expect from the battery - do you have any other tips?  I intent to continue complaining until i get answers - the battery also gets very hot.

Provost
Message 4 of 7 (149 Views)

If it gets real hot like can't touch it very long then it may be a bad battery and I would emphasize that...just say "fire risk". Batteries with bad cells will heat up more because of electrical resistance...pure physics. The problem you face if I know your model is that the battery is internal, right? You can't easily remove it and just plug in another. 

I know HP advertises something like 10-12 hours of battery life. That is a pipe dream only happening on some other planet. You should really be entitled to expect 4 or 5 hours and 3 or 4 is not unlikely. 2 or 3 is not acceptable but we do see folks saying that is what they get. 

Do you have the i7 processor? You have to understand that processing power needs electricity. 

Top Student
Message 5 of 7 (143 Views)

Help! - not sure what an i7 processor is - ?  the battery is internal I cannot take it out  - it does get hot - but funnily enough has not got as hot as it used to.   I probably get about 3 hours out of the battery when it is being used -  I shall be keeping a record of exactly what I do get.  Do you u think there is any trades description law that can be invoked?   I feel really really cheated!

Provost
Message 6 of 7 (128 Views)

I actually happen to be a lawyer but cannot provide legal advice in this setting and I am gathering you are not in the US anyway and if you post about legal issues your posts will disappear so not worth discussing.

Top Student
Message 7 of 7 (120 Views)

OK - yes I am in the UK thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation