Emily123 Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

BATTERY life

HP spectre 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am deeply disappointed in the battery life - I have complained and although HP upgraded my complaint the man I spoke to could not tell me what I should expect from the battery.  In fact was no hlep at all.    I have just spent £1,000 on this computer and I cannot take it to meetings without a charger - this is appalling - I see others have had this problem - has anyone been given a solution or even an improved battery?

6 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
35678 5319 9148
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post

BATTERY life

We do get quite a few complaints about the x360 battery life. What kind of runtime are you seeing? Are you trying to follow a plan to extend battery runtime? The biggest single thing is screen brightness. Also, since we are a User to User Forum we have no way to know what HP is doing in response to specific complaints. I do know there is no other battery available except the factory part.  

0 Kudos
Emily123 Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post

BATTERY life

Thanks for replying - I only use the computer for  e-mail/excel/word - very very rarely for some utube clip.  I have reduced the brightness but have done nothing other than that.   What really surprised me was that the complaints department did not even know what I should expect from the battery - do you have any other tips?  I intent to continue complaining until i get answers - the battery also gets very hot.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
35678 5319 9148
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post

BATTERY life

If it gets real hot like can't touch it very long then it may be a bad battery and I would emphasize that...just say "fire risk". Batteries with bad cells will heat up more because of electrical resistance...pure physics. The problem you face if I know your model is that the battery is internal, right? You can't easily remove it and just plug in another. 

I know HP advertises something like 10-12 hours of battery life. That is a pipe dream only happening on some other planet. You should really be entitled to expect 4 or 5 hours and 3 or 4 is not unlikely. 2 or 3 is not acceptable but we do see folks saying that is what they get. 

Do you have the i7 processor? You have to understand that processing power needs electricity. 

0 Kudos
Emily123 Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post

BATTERY life

Help! - not sure what an i7 processor is - ?  the battery is internal I cannot take it out  - it does get hot - but funnily enough has not got as hot as it used to.   I probably get about 3 hours out of the battery when it is being used -  I shall be keeping a record of exactly what I do get.  Do you u think there is any trades description law that can be invoked?   I feel really really cheated!

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
35678 5319 9148
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post

BATTERY life

I actually happen to be a lawyer but cannot provide legal advice in this setting and I am gathering you are not in the US anyway and if you post about legal issues your posts will disappear so not worth discussing.

0 Kudos
Emily123 Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post

BATTERY life

OK - yes I am in the UK thanks

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation