Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion G6 .
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi . Can't find any instant Availability of a BIOS Upgrade from the 

HP Support Assistant 

After a scan . Please could you let me know if there is any future Update of the BIOS from 

07/02/2012

Thank You !

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you provide the exact model or product number of your machine for further help.

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

Let us know,

David

HP Recommended

Capture.JPG

HP Recommended

OK.

I believe the latest BIOS for your notebook would be F66 from 2013

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-g6-1200-notebook-pc-series/51...

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

Hi David 

Thank You for LINK of the Latest BIOS Firmware for 

HP Pavilion G6

I've installed this upgrade . however . found no improvement for support issues of recognition of the ( 1 TB = 1000 GB ) solid state drive . then . no improvement of a screen blank issue wanting a restart . 

There seems to be a limitation of recognition for the C Drive of around ( 650 GB ) any upgrade of more than this isn't recognised . I have no idea if this could be given support with a more capable BIOS Firmware at present .

Thank You Otherwise for trying to help with Support very kind . 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.